THE CLIMBING WALL IS CLOSED DUE TO CORONAVIRUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
In these uncertain times we would like to reach out to you about what we are doing at our climbing walls to ensure every precaution within our control is being taken, including increased cleaning rotas.
High Sports would like to reassure it's customers that we are taking Coronavirus very seriously and monitoring information and advice from Public Health England (PHE).
With effect from 18th March we will be limiting access to our climbing walls to competent climbers and auto belay users only. Use of roped climbing lines will be on an alternate line basis and additional spacing required in the bouldering and training areas.
These actions have been taken with our partners that operate the main leisure facilities
As such, High Sports is taking the following actions to ensure they remain clean environments for customers and colleagues:
- Increasing the frequency of our cleaning rota in key areas
- We’ve added cleaning spray & paper towel to use on the training mats
- We’ve added cleaning spray & paper towel to use on ALL training equipment
- Continuing to remind customers of the importance of good hygiene
- Encouraging all customers to wash their hands before & after climbing
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Washing hands thoroughly and frequently using sanitiser or soap
- Coughing and sneezing into tissues and disposing of them in waste bins then washing your hands
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Not sharing drinks bottles or drinks
- Not attending if feeling unwell
We will continue to monitor the situation and update our customers and colleagues accordingly. We thank you for your co-operation and look forward to continuing to welcome you our centres.
If you have a pre-pay pass don't worry - if we do have to close the wall further down the line, we will be freezing all passes the whole time you cannot visit the wall so you will not lose any days .
NEXT NICAS ROCK CLUB TERM:
The next term starts on the 20th April – It seems unlikely that this will be practical and so we will not be taking any further bookings. If you have already booked this will carry forward to when ROCK CLUB resumes.
We have instructed our staff that if they are unwell at all that they should not come into work. This may mean disruptions with short notice. If you have an existing booking for an instructed session these will be honoured once normal operations resume. Alternatively, our customer service team can process cancellations.
We will continue to monitor the situation and provide further update via email, our web site and social media channels.
The High Sports Team